Making an Appeal Over a Signed Award

by: The Party Wall Surveyor


Please can you tell me the procedure for making an Appeal over a signed Party Wall Award, including in what court and on what forms.


An award can be appealed by either owner within 14 days although as the Building owner is free to commence work as soon as the award has been served anyone intending to appeal should do so without delay.

Party wall award appeals are made in the County Court and are governed by Part 52 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Explaining the appeals procedure is beyond the scope of this website but the 2 links below should provide you with all the information you require.

General rules about appeals 

Practice Direction relating to appeals

This review of the procedures to follow may also be of some help to you –