I have a Party Wall Award but my works will overrun the 12 Month Period. What Should I do?

by: The Party Wall Surveyor


I have a party wall agreement with my neighbour and have started my building project however it is likely to overrun the 12 month period the Award covers. What should I do about this? Can I just continue work as before?


The 12 month period is only the time after the notice date after which your works must commence. So long as the works are carried through with reasonable expedition after commencement so as to avoid unnecessary inconvenience to the adjoining owner or occupiers you will be fine.