QuestionI am going to need to appoint a party wall surveyor as I am in an adjoining property to neighbours who are digging a basement extension . What I am wondering is , who is liable to pay? Is the person having the building work done liable? it seems unfair that I should have to pay out to protect my property against work I have no control ... Read more >>

QuestionI live in a mid terrace and have planning permission to build a single storey extension to increase the size of the kitchen.  The building would be entirely on my property and the foundations would not exceed those of the house.  From a review of the act it would appear that I would have to notify the owner of the adjoining property as ... Read more >>

QuestionThe problem I have is a neighbour who is unreasonable. She has already been through one dispute surveyor.I have all the planning permissions to proceed with my extension. Rightly, my neighbour objected but the permissions were given.  She has trees in her garden close to her foundations and situated over the main drain.My architect says ... Read more >>

QuestionIn August of last year, the tenants in a rented property next door to mine, emptied a large paddling pool that was resting on a trampoline. The strength and sustained flow of water pushed over our party wall, destroying plants, hindering access to the garden and and causing irrepairable damage to around 3meters of length of the wall.Very ... Read more >>

QuestionI've received a Party Wall notice concerning the insertion of a chemical damp proof course in the adjacent ground floor flat. I'm aware that the property is in a poor condition (it's been occupied by an old lady since the 1940's). There is undoubtedly damp in the external walls but I was surprised that the owners are intending to damp ... Read more >>